We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
What information is collected automatically?
The following information is collected and stored automatically from all users accessing all areas of the UCQ Web site:
- The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a school's or university's domain) and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access our site;
- The type of hardware, browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The number of bytes of data transmitted during your visit;
- Transaction and routing information to and from your computer;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to our site from another Web site, the address of that Web site (URL).
This information is generally classed as “anonymous usage statistics” and used for purposes such as assessing what information is of most interest to users and system enhancements. Most Web sites have some form of anonymous usage statistics system. The UCQ use a combination of the Urchin web analytics system, provided by our web host and Google Analytics.
What about personal information provided to the UCQ?
Personal information is provided to the UCQ when contact is made by a user or member when contacting us via email, participating in a competition or using the “contact us” form.
We consider any information that could reasonably be used to identify you as "personally identifying information." This may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name;
- Your address
- Your email address;
- Your password;
- Bank account information;
- Credit card information;
- Telephone number;
- Any combination of data that could be used to identify you such as birth date, postal/zip code and gender; and
- Any graphical or visual representation of you.
When personal information is provided or volunteered by a user or member, it is protected by the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
The UCQ will not, except for reasons stated below, disclose to third parties the private information of any user or member. The circumstances under which the UCQ will disclose such personal information are when:
- permission has been granted by the user or member;
- where the information is considered public information under the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and is not otherwise protected from disclosure by applicable State, Federal or International laws;
- it is required to cooperate with interception orders, warrants, subpoenas, court orders or any other legal process, that UCQ determines in its sole discretion to be valid and enforceable; and
- it is necessary to provide to a law enforcement agency when the contents are inadvertently obtained by the UCQ and appear to pertain to the commission of a crime.
The UCQ has instituted security measures to protect the information and systems that we maintain. These measures are designed to ensure that this service remains available to all users by blocking unauthorised access to our systems and preventing corruption of data, thus providing reasonable protection of personal information in our possession.
There are inherent risks associated with the transmission of information over the Internet, including via email. You should be aware of this when sending personal information to us via email or via the UCQ website. If this is of concern to you then you may use other methods of communication with the UCQ, such as post, fax, or phone (although these also have risks associated with them).
The UCQ only records email addresses when a person sends a message or subscribes to a mailing list. Any personal information provided, including email addresses, will only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was provided.
MailChimp and privacy consent – subscription services
The types of information MailChimp collects include:
- Information provided to MailChimp;
- List and email information;
- Information from Use of the Service (including IP addresses and related data);
- Web Beacons; and
- Information from Other Sources.
“We don’t, under any circumstances, sell your lists, contact people on your lists, market to people on your lists, steal your lists, or share your lists with any other party, unless it’s required by law.”
The UCQ will only use information subscribers have provided for the purpose of creating, sending and managing emails relating to the Ukrainian Community of Queensland, in accordance with the preferences chosen by subscribers. The UCQ will also use this information to measure Email Campaign performance and to improve the features for specific segments of customers, evaluate your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
As MailChimp is based in the United States of America (USA) and the information generated by cookies about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by MailChimp on servers located outside Australia, we are required to inform you that by subscribing to our eNewsletter:
- you understand and acknowledge that you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) but will need to seek redress under the laws of the USA.
Principle 8.1 requires the UCQ to take steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that MailChimp does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to the information given by the subscriber. This would no longer apply if you sign up to a subscription service of the UCQ in which MailChimp is used.
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by UCQ Inc. or any outside party.
- All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within eWAY’s bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data.
- eWAY at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by UCQ Inc.
- Square performs data encryption within the card reader at the moment of swipe.
- Square’s software is developed using industry-standard security best practices.
- Square’s servers are monitored around the clock by dedicated security staff.
- Square’s employees act in accordance with security policies designed to keep your data safe.
Last Update: 02/05/2016