The Ukrainian Community of Queensland Inc. would like to thank everyone who attended the candlelight vigil for peace in Ukraine last night.
Almost 100 people came to show their support and solidarity for the people in Ukraine, and to pray for peace and an end to violence.
We would like to specially thank the organising committee:
– The very reverend Mykola Serdiuk, Head of the Ukrainian Autocephalic Orthodox Church in Australia & New Zealand,
– The reverend Stefan Sapun, Parish priest of Ukrainian Catholic Church Our Lady of Protection.
– Tomas Miljenovic, committee member of the Ukrainian Community of Queensland Inc, and parish council member of Our Lady of Protection Ukrainian Catholic Church.
– Ostap Kurlak, Secretary of the Ukrainian Community of Queensland Inc, and
– Stephan Chomyn OAM, President of the Ukrainian Community of Queensland Inc.
Thank you to Peter Bongiorni for recording the event on video, and Lisa Chomyn for taking photographs for the Ukrainian Community website.
Having trouble seeing the picture slideshow above? Click here!
Video Part 1 (Speeches):
Video Part 2 (Reading of letter from Archbishop Denis Hart to the Ukrainian people):
Video Part 3 (Observing a minutes silence for those who lost their lives in protests):
Video Part 4 (Prayer Service):