We Are Hiring: Community Club Manager
Founded in 1949, the Ukrainian Community of Queensland Inc. (UCQ) is the peak body representing Ukrainians in Queensland. In 2023 we’re commencing operations of The Ukrainian Club Brisbane to be a place for Ukrainians living in Brisbane and South-East Queensland to come together, eat, drink and socialise. We will also showcase Ukrainian food and hospitality to the wider community.
We are seeking an exceptional Hospitality Professional to help us launch The Ukrainian Club Brisbane and drive its success and growth. As we’re in the launching phase of operations, the Club Manager needs to be hands-on on the front lines in all aspects of the Club.
The role will initially be part-time, but we have scope to move this to a full-time position once the Club Manager is able to demonstrate the right growth in operating profit.
- Overseeing all aspects of the Club’s daily operations, security and maintenance.
- Exercising strong commercial acumen to ensure the Club becomes profitable while delivering amenity to members, guests and visitors.
- Delivering strong leadership and operational support to the Club’s Management Committee, service staff and volunteer groups.
- Observing and ensuring compliance with liquor, food safety, OH&S laws and other relevant regulations.
- Growing and monitoring the Club’s financial performance, preparing reports for the Management Committee summarising the business’s financial position in key areas of income, expenses, capital usage and cash flows, and assisting with the preparation and implementation of strategic plans, budgets and financial forecasts.
- Developing, reviewing, and continuously improving operating practices.
- Personnel management including hiring, training, rostering, supervising and preparing payroll.
- Maintaining high levels of customer service.
- Proactive marketing and promotion of the club and activities.
- Stock purchasing and inventory control.
- Reporting to the Management Committee on all operational and strategic matters.
- Driving growth of the membership base
- Being the ‘face of the club’ for the Members and community.
- Experience in a comparable role in general venue / operations management within the hospitality environment.
- A strong understanding of contemporary, community driven Club management principles
- Possess a high level of business ethics and integrity.
- Ability to build, lead and motivate effective teams to deliver successful outcomes and a customer service experience that exceeds expectations and sets new standards.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of legislation relevant to the Club’s operations including workplace relations, liquor, food safety and OH&S
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic plans and budgets.
- Demonstrable financial management, analysis and reporting competencies.
- The ability to develop the business through innovative initiatives and marketing those strategies through all forms of media.
- Hold current RSA, Food Safety Supervisor and First Aid certificates
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that set a standard for the different stakeholder groups within the organisation
- Effective time management and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work collaboratively and support the Management Committee.
Nice to haves
- Ukrainian language competency.
- Diploma in Hospitality.
- Experience using Square POS Software for whole-of-business operations.
- Experience using Xero and Xero Payroll.
How to apply
- Please email your CV and Cover Letter outlining relevant experience to [email protected]